Cafcass is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer, which brings considerable benefits to the organisation, including creativity, insight and innovation – all of which benefits the children and families we are here to support.
Therefore, our recruitment and selection processes are designed to help ensure equality of opportunity for all staff and applicants to the organisation regardless of age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
While we collect diversity data from all applicants this is only for the purposes of monitoring. This information is collected confidentially in a separate section of the online application form that is not provided to recruiting managers, shortlisting panels or members of our recruitment team.
Cafcass has further underlined its commitment to equality of opportunity by successfully achieving accreditation for the Department of Work and Pensions’ Disability Confident Employer scheme demonstrating our commitment to employ, train, retain and develop the careers of colleagues with disabilities.
As someone who might be considering joining Cafcass, you can take confidence that we are an employer that:
- Actively looks to attract and recruit disabled people.
- Provides a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process.
- Offers an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
- Is flexible when assessing people so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job.
- Makes reasonable adjustments as required.
- Encourages our suppliers and partner firms to be Disability Confident.
- Ensures employees have sufficient disability equality awareness.
Furthermore, should you join us you will be part of an organisation that:
- Promotes a culture of being Disability Confident.
- Supports employees to manage their disabilities or health conditions.
- Ensures there are no barriers to the development and progression of disabled staff.
- Ensures managers are aware of how they can support staff who are sick or absent from work.
- Values and listens to feedback from disabled staff.
- Regularly reviews its Disability Confident employer self-assessment.
Our recruitment promise
We set and maintain high standards for our recruitment and selection processes to ensure they are fair, objective and transparent. Our recruiting team also ensures your application is dealt with efficiently and confidentially and remains secure at all times in accordance with all relevant legislation.
If as part of your application you indicate you have a disability, we will email you to invite you to provide us with further information and help us understand what, if any, reasonable adjustments you may require so that you are not disadvantaged.
It is also our policy that candidates that indicate they have a disability and that meet the criteria for the role they are applying for are guaranteed to have their application progressed to the next stage of the progress.
If you need any further information, please get in touch at [email protected]
Cafcass Diversity Networks
At Cafcass we want our staff to feel supported and have a voice. One of the ways in which we do this is through our Diversity Networks.
The purpose of the networks is to encourage staff to share and communicate experiences with one another as well as help shape and inform what Cafcass does and how we support our staff.
We currently have five networks although we are always open to suggestions from staff for further groups:
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME)
- Mental health
- Sexuality and Gender Identity