Administrator- Business Services Officer (Secretariat Services)
Dedicated. Supportive. Unique. Join an organisation that’s just like you.
Here at Cafcass we support over 140,000 children and their families every year, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of each and every child and ensuring their voice is heard in Family Proceedings, which we’ll sure you agree is very important work.
Let’s make a difference. Together.
Whether you’re one of our Social Workers or work in our Business Services teams then everyone as a critical role to play. If you join us you’ll see further references to ‘Together’ as this is the name of our new relationship-based practice framework. Built around our values, it is at the heart of the work we do and encourages us to be pro-active and to look for the strengths in ourselves and others, to build positive relationships with our colleagues, our partners and with the children and families that we work with.
If this is the type of organisational culture you think you can thrive in and you are motivated by making a difference for children and families, then read on.
So, hopefully you’re getting a sense that it isn’t just our talented, experienced Social Workers who have a key role to play in supporting some of the most vulnerable children in our society. Behind them are our highly organised and effective corporate services teams, of which a Business Services Officer (Secretariat Services) is an integral component. But before we tell you about the role, let us tell us about some of the other reasons you should consider joining us.
Benefits that really benefit you.
We know you want to be rewarded appropriately, you want time away from work to manage your wellbeing, spend time with those important to you, help to secure your future and be trusted to work autonomously. So, on top of a competitive salary, you’ll have an excellent holiday allowance (28 days + Bank Holidays), a Local Government pension with 19.4% employer contribution, Health and Wellbeing cash plan and the potential to bring your continuous service with you – which could mean you have 33 days holiday from day one – and a wide range of other benefits that collectively makes for a great package with a highly supportive employer.
Location, location, location
We are a national organisation with 30+ offices across England. We are also set-up and used to work remotely so your location can be flexible.
However, we also know that many people are now wanting the best of working at home and in the office and the benefits this brings. The location for this role is currently flexible but with a preference for Bloomsbury, London as there is a requirement to travel to London for Board and Committee meetings.
Ready to find out more about the role?
As a Business Services Officer (Secretariat Services) you will contribute to the effective and efficient governance of the organisation, providing administrative support to the corporate team. Should you join us your tasks will include:
- To provide comprehensive, effective and efficient administration support to the corporate secretariat and the executive/non-executive teams, working with colleagues to contribute to the achievement of the team’s objectives.
- To provide administrative support to the Corporate Secretariat including diary management, booking travel and accommodation, assisting with the processing of centralised mailboxes, and preparing draft communication.
- To provide administration support to the delivery of governance meetings including collation of meeting papers, formatting documents and preparing them for distribution. To provide support during meetings including meeting and greeting visitors and to assist in minutes and note taking when necessary.
A key role in helping to ensure the smooth running of our services, here are some things we look for in suitable candidates:
- A relevant qualification in business administration (e.g. NVQ2), a willingness to work towards to a qualification and/or significant experience in a similar role
- Confident and capable of using MS Office applications to a basic / intermediate level
- Clear, confident communicator via email, phone and in person
- Someone who thrives working in a team
- Able to prioritise work in a fast-moving environment with strict deadlines
We hope you’ve decided this is a role you would like, if so click please complete our short application process to let us know of your interest in this role. We’d also like to let you know of the timescales we aiming to work to for this recruitment campaign. This will also help you know when you can expect to hear from us by.
Last date for applications:
Sunday 03 July 2022
Final interview / assessment:
15th & 18th July 2022
We particularly welcome applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds as we strive to ensure our workforce reflects the diversity of the children and families we work with. We are also a Disability Confident Employer which further underlines our commitment to employ, train, retain and develop the careers of colleagues with disabilities.
Please be advised successful applicants will be subject to a range of pre-employment checks, including a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS). In accordance with the DBS code of practice and our own policy, should an individual have a declared criminal offence an individual assessment will be completed. Further information on what the assessment covers can be found by viewing the Cafcass DBS policy.