We continue to closely monitor the situation surrounding the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and are following official guidance from the government and the advice given by Public Health England. We are continuing to recruit but are adapting our timescales and processes to reflect the guidance and advice. Therefore, if we progress your application we will engage with you remotely, either by telephone and/or video call.
ALL internal applicants are asked to upload current CV. You can also provide a ‘supporting statement’ as part of your application which may include some of the information you would normally include in the EoI.
We are currently recruiting for an Analytics Officer who will transform data into actionable insights that enables managers across the organisation to make effective, informed decisions.
Working as part of a highly innovative team, this exciting role contributes to the operation and development of our organisational management information systems and business intelligence solutions.
Cafcass supports over 140,000 children and their families every year, safeguarding and promoting the voice of the child in family courts. Cafcass was rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2018, only the 4th children’s social work organisation to achieve this. As an evidence-based organisation, our Analytics team plays a key role in providing information and insights to all our staff and also external audiences.
Does this sound like a role and organisation you would like to work for? If so, let us tell you more. As an Analytics Officer, you will work closely with a range of internal stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement by;
- Producing innovative business intelligence reports, ensuring deadlines and quality levels are met.
- Providing a first line response to information queries and requests.
- Assisting key programmes and projects with information requirements.
- Providing analytical reports for both internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Supporting the future development of management information systems and assist with training where necessary.
- Developing innovative reporting products and visualisations in business intelligence applications.
- Supporting the process of user acceptance testing (UAT) of technical change to reporting systems
As you can see imagine this is a role that requires specific skills, qualifications, experience and behaviours to be successful, including;
- Minimum NVQ4 relevant qualification (or equivalent)
- Clear evidence of having experience working with complex data / reporting, including collating, quality checking, analysing and presenting information in a range of formats
- An intermediate to a high level of MS Excel and MS SharePoint knowledge / capability
- Knowledge / experience of using Microsoft PowerBI and SQL / SSRS reporting would be an advantage
- Previous experience with Management Information Data systems
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to encourage positive working relationships
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and have a versatile and proactive approach
While the above gives a flavour of the role and what we require, all candidates are encouraged to read the full job description that is one of the ‘Documents Available’ above. You may also wish to read about the full range of benefits that you will be entitled to, should you join us.
As a national organisation we are flexible on location but it may be preferable if you can be based from our office in Coventry where existing members of our team are located
If you would like to informally discuss this role, please contact Jigna Patel, Analytics Manager ([email protected]) with an indication of the best times to contact you. However, please note your application must be submitted online.
Finally, we would like to advise you of the timelines we are working towards:
28th January 2021
|w/c 1st February 2021|
w/c 8th February 2021
These dates are subject to change but we will endeavour to update you if this occurs.
We particularly welcome applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds as we strive to ensure our workforce reflects the diversity of the children and families we work with.
Please note we may close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date should we feel we have sufficient applications. Our application process is very quick and simple and so encourage you to apply now.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We are also a Disability Confident Employer which further underlines our commitment to employ, train, retain and develop the careers of colleagues with disabilities.
Please be advised successful applicants will be subject to a range of pre-engagement checks, including a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS). In accordance with the DBS code of practice and our own policy, should an individual have a declared criminal offence an individual assessment will be completed. Further information on what the assessment covers can be found by viewing the Cafcass DBS policy.