Business Services Team Leader
We are recruiting for the role of Business Services Team Leader to cover the areas A3, A4 and A5 (Manchester, Hull, Sheffield and Leeds).
We trust and empower colleagues to work in a hybrid way, providing the resources, equipment, and support, so that individually and collectively, we can be the voice of children and young people when the family court makes critical decisions about their futures.
While we are currently working very much in a hybrid way – mix of working at home and in the office – you will need to able to travel to/from the office certainly some days per week and with the potential for that to increase. This role based in the North Central Business Services area, so you would be required to travel across A3, A4 and A5 service areas.
We are a diverse, inclusive organisation that is a safe space for colleagues with shared aspects of identity and lived experience, which helps ensure we provide a service which promotes the diversity and uniqueness of children and families from all backgrounds. We especially welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds as we strive to ensure our workforce reflects the diversity of the children and families we work with.
We provide extensive wellbeing support for colleagues, as well as excellent benefits, all of which we hope encourages you to join us.
Let us tell you a bit more about the role…
As a Business Services Team Leader in the North Central Business Services area, you will contribute to the effective and efficient management and progression of child(ren), providing administrative support to the Family Court Advisers and Service Managers, although the technology we provide combined with the trust we place in you as a professional allows you to work flexibly.
Should you join us your tasks will include:
- Supporting the Business Services Manager by overseeing and co-ordinating the work of business services staff working in several different locations, ensuring the work is completed to CAFCASS standard operating procedures
- Undertaking direct line management including performance management, development, supervision, health, wellbeing and attendance management
- Quality assurance of the work of the Business Services team, maintaining records for audit, feedback and development of team members
- Gathering, checking or verifying information as required to ensure child(ren) details are accurately captured and recorded, ensuring compliance with data protection legislation and information assurance policy
- Responsibility for the management of resources e.g. office supplies, service user meeting rooms, training facilities
- Problem solving daily, including estate related issues for the offices in your area
- Maintaining Management Information systems to report on workloads, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and targets
- Being a proactive and leading team member and playing a full part in meetings and events as appropriate and required
… and what we’re looking for
- A relevant qualification in business administration (e.g. NVQ3), a willingness to work towards a qualification and/or significant experience in a similar role
- Experience in leading a team
- Confident and capable of using MS Office applications to a basic / intermediate level
- Clear, confident communicator via email, phone and in person
- Someone who thrives working in a team
- Able to prioritise work in a fast-moving environment with strict deadline
Next steps / timelines
If and when you are ready to apply, our application process is straightforward and quick to complete. You don’t need to complete your application in a single visit, you can start it and come back and amend your responses / update your CV, just make sure you come back before the closing date to submit.
Below we have given you an indication of a timetable we are hoping to work towards, although dates are subject to change.
Not Yet Published
We understand that starting a new role is a big decision, and you may require further information before applying. You can find out more about the role in the Job Description and there is a wealth of information about Cafcass on our Cafcass Careers page.
If you wish to speak with a member of the team for more specific information you can contact from our HR Resourcing team, providing your contact information and best times / methods to get hold of you.
Whilst we will always try and respond a.s.a.p. we wouldn’t want you to miss the closing date before we are able to. If this is the case, we recommend you apply and as part of your application you can ask questions, and this may allow us to contact you and provide you with the required information that will help you decide if you still wish to be considered.
Finally, in anticipation of your application being successful, you might want to read about the offer and pre-employment checks process. As part of your application you can highlight any concerns or questions about the pre-employment checks and we encourage all applicants to do so, safe in the knowledge such information will not be shared with individuals involved in the selection process.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please be advised successful applicants will be subject to a range of pre-engagement checks, including a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS). In accordance with the DBS code of practice and our own policy, should an individual have a declared criminal offence an individual assessment will be completed. Further information on what the assessment covers can be found by viewing the Cafcass DBS policy.