Annual report and accounts 2016-17
- We worked with 125,230 children and young people across England.
- We continued to meet all of our KPIs in 2016–17, which include timely practitioner allocation in public and private law, and report filing times for private law.
- Demand for work in private law increased 9.1% compared with the previous financial year.
- Demand for work in care applications increased 13.8% compared with the previous financial year.
- The average duration of our involvement in private law decreased from 22 weeks in 2015–16 to 19 weeks in 2016-17.
- Cafcass received a number of sector and industry awards including Gold for Practice Educator of the Year and Silver for Children’s Team Leader of the Year at the Social Worker of the Year Awards.
The Annual Report and Accounts 2016-17 were approved by the Cafcass Board on 15th June, subject to any changes from the National Audit Office (NAO). The accounts were signed off by the NAO on 28th June with no issues recorded.
This year we have produced an Annual Report and Accounts 2016-17 easy read version. It highlights the key take away information in an easy to read format.
Previous annual reports
- Annual Report and Accounts 2015-16
- Annual Report and Accounts 2014-15
- Annual Report and Accounts 2013-14
- Annual Report and Accounts 2012-13